When it comes to paintballs, we typically think that we can use anything we want, and they won’t make much of a difference.
This is where we are wrong because there are several different types of paintballs, and each of them is different from one another.
So, no matter what kind of predicament you intend to use these in, we’re here to find you some of the best paintballs available.
We have looked through many products and made this list consisting of some of the best paintballs in 2022, each better than the other in different aspects.
- 1 8 Best Paintballs In May 2022 [Recommended]
- 1.1 JT GI Splatmaster .50 Cal Paintball Ammo
- 1.2 Nelson .50 Caliber Paintballs
- 1.3 Valken Graffiti Paintballs
- 1.4 Loader Paintball 500 Rounds Basic Training Paintballs – .68 Caliber
- 1.5 Oriion Paint Balls – Gold Shell and Yellow Fill
- 1.6 GI Sportz XBALL Certified Midnight Paintballs
- 1.7 Rap4 .43 Caliber Paintballs
- 1.8 Empire Marballizer .50 Cal
- 2 How Do I Choose the Right Best Paintballs In 2022?
- 3 FAQs on The Best Paintballs 2022
- 3.0.1 What are the best paintballs to use?
- 3.0.2 Are Valken paintballs good?
- 3.0.3 What is woodsball paintball?
- 3.0.4 Can paintball kill you?
- 3.0.5 How much is a box of paintballs?
- 3.0.6 What color are paintballs?
- 3.0.7 Can I use paintballs in a slingshot?
- 3.0.8 What caliber paintballs should I buy?
- 3.0.9 Are all paintballs biodegradable?
- 3.0.10 Are paintballs oil or water-based?
- 3.0.11 What are paintballs made of?
- 3.0.12 How many paintballs do I need?
- 3.0.13 What makes a good paintball?
- 4 Final Words About The Best Paintballs 2022
8 Best Paintballs In May 2022 [Recommended]
JT GI Splatmaster .50 Cal Paintball Ammo
One of the most important factors to check when buying these products is their impact level. So, if you’re looking for something that will be strictly for entertainment purposes, then you might want to go with this.
The great thing about this paintball is that it packs minimal impact in its shots, so it is quite safe to use in almost all predicaments.
These are some of the best paintballs to use in a competitive environment without the risk of any injuries due to their marvelous structure and stability.
This is the collaborative work of Gl Sports and JT since they teamed up to produce something that will impress everyone with its usage.
The paintballs are of .50 caliber, which is the perfect caliber for most pistols. So, these are the best paintballs to buy when you want great accuracy in mid-range circumstances.
You also have the freedom to choose any color you want when you’re using this product. By choosing different colors, you’ll have a better chance to distinguish between them.
Some might be concerned about the chemical composition of the product, but this is fully biodegradable. You won’t have contact with any harmful chemicals when you’re using the product.
These are also great in tournaments because of the consistent structure, so they don’t affect the accuracy of the trajectory.
- Consistent structure
- Free from toxic components
- Low impact effect
- Various color combinations
- Perfect for .50 caliber guns
- The number of paintballs present is not listed
- Slightly prone to jamming
Why should you buy this product?
Nelson .50 Caliber Paintballs
In the case of buying something affordable, this is one of the best cheap paintballs available. Even though it is great when it comes down to affordability, you’re going to be impressed with the quality.
The best thing about this unit is that each of these is compatible with any kind of paintball weapon. You can just easily use these, and they will fit right in.
Also, you should keep track of the caliber of the paintballs; if the caliber isn’t compatible with the gun, it will lack power.
Another great thing about this product is that it reduces the possibility of losing any shape when it’s loaded. Because in some cases, it might cause jamming.
These .50 caliber bullets are the perfect choice when you want a significant advantage during competitions and many other events.
If you’re wondering how many bullets are included in the whole unit, you get 100 balls. This is the 100 balls pack, so you don’t have to worry about restocking any time soon.
The accuracy of the shots will be significantly improved when proper bullets are used for the shots. Due to the consistent shape, it is also relatively easy to reload without ruining its form completely.
There might not be many options for colors, but this fantastic bright yellow is the best when it comes down to marking properly. Every shot will be accurately visible.
- Great structural shape
- Affordable product
- Easy to reload
- Bright color combination
- Compatible with various weapons
- There aren’t many colors options
- The size can be inconsistent at times
Why should you buy this product?
Valken Graffiti Paintballs
This product from Valken is undoubtedly one of the unique ones available in the market right now. They are notable for their design, and they are the best paintballs for the money.
What makes it unique from the other ones? Well, the thing that makes these better than any other is the versatile shell. This shell provides extra protection to the product.
So, even in different weather, you could easily use them without needing to cover them up.
The structure of the bullet and their consistency in roundness decide whether these are amazing for mid-range and close-range shots. This product certainly is amazing.
Moreover, the reloading is much easier due to the shell, and it’s compatible with any gun available.
Some products fail to break properly during impact, which causes faults and other penalties during usage. So, this will ensure the breakage is accurate, and it happened precisely during impact.
Another thing to note about these products is that the color filling comes in only yellow, but there are different variations in the shell colors. One of them is brown and yellow while the other is blue with brown.
In the case of the caliber, it is slightly higher than the typical weapons. It has a caliber of .68, so you need to make sure you’re using this on a gun that is perfect for that kind of bullet.
- High-quality shell
- Great response on impact
- Easy to reload
- Has a caliber of about .68
- Perfect for mid-range weapons
- They don’t break that easily
- The bullets are slightly bouncy
Why should you buy this product?
Loader Paintball 500 Rounds Basic Training Paintballs – .68 Caliber
Among all the products available on the list, this is one of the best paintballs for the money. So, if you’re looking for something that you can frequently use for paintball games, then try these out now!
Another perfect thing about the unit is the color combinations available. You can use different colors for different teams so that it becomes much easy for you to differentiate.
The thing you need to make sure of is you’re getting the balls based on how you’re planning to use them. One of the best ways to use these balls is for training purposes.
Since these are designed to make it easier for you to train, every one of these is designed to ensure you get the most authentic experience with the targets.
When it comes down to the number of paintballs present on the unit, you get about 500 rounds altogether.
These are some of the best professional paintballs because they are designed with great accuracy, and they will have a consistent shape.
Also, the color filling inside the balls is of high quality, and they are free from all kinds of toxic components. Therefore, you are safe from infections, and you can use this easily.
Moreover, even in some competitive situations, you can use these paintballs; they have excellent trajectory levels. So, if you’re looking for something of great quality, this is the way to go.
- 500 rounds in a single bag
- Best for training purposes
- The paintballs are eco friendly
- Various color fillings
- High power paintballs
- Some can be slightly deformed
- They are not the greatest with moisture
Why should you buy this product?
Oriion Paint Balls – Gold Shell and Yellow Fill
This is one of those unique entries on the list because of its structural quality. It is the way to go when you’re looking for something for professional use.
The best thing about this construction is the shell which is properly round in shape. Then the yellow filling is great for markets, and it is easily distinguishable.
There are different qualities of the paintballs for this brand, so you need to make sure you choose the perfect one for you.
Another great thing about these paintballs is that there isn’t much splatter in contact with any surface, so the clean-up is easier.
Also, the paint splatter is always in perfect condition, so you can see the effects quite well. This makes it much better to detect your attacks and even keep track of points during any game.
Due to the accuracy of the trajectory of the bullets, you get the most realistic shooting experience. You won’t miss shots due to shape inconsistency, which makes these the best paintballs to use for throwing.
Moreover, moisture and other conditions do not have any effects on the guns. They remain in top condition even if they are stored for a long time.
It is entirely safe from toxic components, so you are completely safe from any allergic effects when they come in contact with your skin.
- Completely free from toxic components
- High power rounds
- Consistent structure
- .68 caliber rounds
- Golden aesthetic design
- Caliber rating is not exactly standard
- Fillings inside can only be yellow
Why should you buy this product?
GI Sportz XBALL Certified Midnight Paintballs
When it comes to variable colors, this is one of the unique products to go for. You can buy packs of different colors, and it’ll be best for you to distinguish between teams.
In most wood balls games, you need paintballs easily distinguishable, and every shot can be counted.
So, these are the best paintballs for woodsball since these are designed with the best quality materials and their color combination is better than any other.
Moreover, if you’re looking for something that will help you practice for the tournaments better, then you would like these.
There are different package options of the product, so you can just easily select the package that fits your usage the best. The base package is one pack of paintballs, and the other is a pack of two.
Also, the packs contain an efficient number of paintballs, making things much easier for you to use for training purposes. You can practice with multiple rounds altogether.
Additionally, there are 500 rounds on the whole pack, and each of the rounds is curated to make sure you get the ultimate realism. So, these are best when it comes down to a competitive environment.
Due to the exceptional durability of the item, it’s much easier to use this paintball since it will not cause any leakage inside the marker. So, you should try these out.
- Amazing durability
- Multiple packs are easily purchasable
- Paint stains are easy to wash
- Low chances of leakage
- Easy clean up from the devices
- Packaging is completely protected
- The coating could be of better quality
Why should you buy this product?
Rap4 .43 Caliber Paintballs
When you intend to use various paintball weapons for any competitive environment, using this .43 caliber paintball is the way to go.
Another great thing about these paintballs is that they are highly compatible with various weather situations. They won’t be affected even when you use them during rainfall or anything.
Also, that makes storing these much easier; they won’t be badly affected by moisture or staying in damp situations. So, if you want a product that you can store adequately, this is the one you should choose.
The size of the paintballs is much smaller, so it is quite easy to reload to each clip. It will fit into the magazine perfectly so that you can make consecutive shots.
These are the best woodball paintballs because of their highly accurate structure and their integrity. So, the trajectory will be pretty easy to predict.
Therefore, you should try to use these products since they will help you repair your aim much more, and the possibility of leaking or jamming the weapon is zero.
Moreover, due to the standardized size and compatibility with weapons, you can easily use these bullets on the gun of your choice. The impact rate of the shots is also quite significant.
When it comes down to the durability of the ammunition, the AG1 formula makes the shell much stronger, and it will prevent any breakage. It will help you maintain your weapon much better.
- High-quality AG1 Coating
- Perfectly standard size
- Easy to reload and utilize
- Influences accuracy positively
- Splatter proof filling
- Slightly prone to internal bursting
- The plastic bag it comes in can be low quality
Why should you buy this product?
Empire Marballizer .50 Cal
If you’re looking for something that is the best for a .50 caliber gun, then these are the ammunitions you should try. These are designed to give you the best experience.
This is the best brand of woodman paintballs since these paintballs maintain fantastic structural form and high-quality functionality so that you get the best out of these products.
Most paintballs have the risk of getting barrel breaks, but these balls are made with high-quality shells so that they won’t break before impact. They will also maintain a proper splatter rate.
Also, the product’s weight is adequately maintained, which plays a significant role in maintaining a good trajectory rate. It will help you make your long shots much more accurate.
The outer portion of the product has a blue swirly design with yellow fillings so that there’s a proper contrast between the paintballs.
Another reason for these being the best brand of woodman paintballs is that they were designed to make sure they perform in the best way. The RPS innovative technology also influences their straight flight.
You might be thinking, why are flight rates significant? Well, if the balls do not travel in a straight pathway, it’s much harder to maintain them. You will easily miss your shots.
If you own a Tiberius t8.1, you won’t regret buying these Tiberius t8.1 best paintballs even for a moment.
- RPS advanced technology for a straight flying
- Easy to control
- Aesthetic design
- Not affected by humidity
- Each box has about 2000 balls
- They are slightly prone to barrel breaks
- Roundness can be faulty sometimes
Why should you buy this product?
How Do I Choose the Right Best Paintballs In 2022?
Choosing the right paintballs can depend on a lot of factors altogether. Starting from the type of gun you’re using to the reason you’re using it for; everything plays a role in choosing the right paintballs –
Several types of paintballs are available on the market right now; each of them is used in different circumstances.
When it comes down to the types, there are about three base types that are good for specific situations. Therefore, it’s a better idea for you to choose based on how you intend to use them.
The first type is the obvious one: the tournament grade, the second is the recreational grade, and the third is the reusable grade. Each of them is constructed with similar structures, but they have some differences.
So, these slight differences in them will give some advantages in the actual games and even training. Therefore, it’s essential to be careful about your choices.
- For Competitive Uses
This is one of the most preferred among all the grades when you’re in a competitive environment. But they can be slightly more expensive than the rest of the available grades.
Why are they expensive, though? Well, these products are produced with the idea that they need to be accurate with their trajectory. If it is not accurate enough, you won’t be able to experience realism.
In a competitive environment, it’s imperative to keep in touch with realism. Otherwise, you won’t be able to perform as well as you want to. So, if you’re looking for something like that, then you should try these out.
The tournament-grade products are much more delicate about their structure, and their shells play a very role in being distinguishable. Otherwise, it would be quite hard to keep track of your shots.
- For Casual Uses
This is another grade of product you need to check out if you’re looking for something which will be used for casual paintball games and some more.
The thing about recreational-grade products is that they are made with only recreation in mind. They might not be super accurate with their structure or design, but they are fun to use.
In most cases, these are the least expensive than the other tournament-grade products. So, for some random entertainment, it’s probably the best choice to go for these.
Moreover, they might not use the most innovative technology to ensure the trajectory of these products. Still, these are capable of lasting quite long, and they are easy to clean.
The splatters won’t be too big either, but they are distinguishable enough so that you can keep score properly. Therefore, you should go for these whenever you want some friendly competition.
So, before buying these products, you should keep this in mind to prevent getting the wrong paintballs in any competitive situation. It’ll be better for your performance if you’re careful.
- The Reusable Types
Among this list, the reusable balls are the most different for various reasons. One of the critical reasons for them being different is that they don’t have any paint filling; they are made of foam.
So, that foam structure makes it quite amazing since it will contain the same amount of strength and effectiveness, but they will not be affected by splatters or anything of the sort.
Another issue with the reusable bullets is their lack of making any mark; they are quite indistinguishable in competitive situations. You can’t keep track of the attack area at all.
But you should consider these for training purposes because they are reusable, so you can keep using them as much as you want. They will not be wholly damaged, and that will save you a lot of money.
Another essential thing to notice is the caliber of the ammunition; you should always try to use caliber-specific paintballs. Otherwise, you will not get the right kind of power from the shots.
The most common caliber used is the .50 one, which is quite important to recognize because some guns can only properly utilize that. Moreover, the power can still be quite a lot even if the caliber is low.
But some will use .43, which has slightly less impact power. Which is better if you’re looking to use this in a close-range situation, they will be much easier to control.
Another variation is the .68 caliber, which is great for long-distance shots, but they will not be good when in close range. Quick maneuvers are also not possible using these products.
Another very important thing is the roundness of the ammunitions; you need to make sure the structure of it is proper. Some will use a shell that makes sure the shape is not ruined too easily.
Moreover, this will make the trajectory of the shots more accurate, and they will drop too easily. When it does not drop then, that means you can make much better long-range shots.
Therefore, before buying anything unnecessary, make sure the shape and roundness are fine. That will give you a much better tactical advantage.
Reduced Barrel Breakage
This is another thing to consider when buying a paintball because barrel breakages can cause jamming and much more things. You need to make sure you get something that will not damage your weapon.
Some of the products are quite hard to use since they can be quite hard to reload in a new barrel. It can make using those products quite hard, so it’s always a good idea to go for something which will prevent that.
This is very important since a product can break after discharge; you need to buy something which will not have such an effect. That will make the impact effect much more controlled.
So, you need to get a product that will have a proper impact response, and they will break when properly discharged and hit the target. It will not lack effectiveness.
Types of Paintball
There are three types of paintballs available in the market; they are used for different circumstances. So, you need to be careful about choosing the right one and choose based on your preference –
- The Tournament Grade
The tournament-grade paintballs are used for a highly competitive environment, and they maintain a specific realism which makes it easier for you to focus.
These are slightly expensive than the other grades since these use different innovative technology to improve their functionality, so if you’re looking for something like this, you should try these out.
- The Recreational Grade
This is another grade type that is typically used for entertainment purposes and other situations. They will not always be adequately shaped, or they will not be effective in some competitive situations.
But these are certainly some of the best choices you can go for if you’re looking to get something that is affordable. Buying replacements won’t be too bad when you’re using this product.
- The Reusable Ones
The reusable one is another different type that is not exactly filled with paint, so there is no chance of them splattering or breaking.
They are stronger in structure, and they are made with all kinds of flexible materials that will ensure their durable build. But they are primarily suitable for training situations rather than recreational.
FAQs on The Best Paintballs 2022
What are the best paintballs to use?
- The best paintballs to use entirely depend on the type of paintballs you are looking for. So, if you’re looking to use something great for competitive situations, you should use the JT GI Splatmaster.
These are some of the best paintballs at the .50 caliber rate. Therefore, you might like these a lot.
Are Valken paintballs good?
- The Valken paintballs are amazing when it comes to maintaining structural consistency. So, if you choose to buy this product, it’s not a bad idea to get it for competitive situations.
- Another thing about this product is that they have different kinds of products, such as reusable ammo and so much more.
What is woodsball paintball?
- There are different kinds of paintball games; this is one of the types held in natural outdoor situations. The whole essence of the game is that natural area and the utilization of the environment.
- These paintballs are designed to make sure the marking is done accurately and is easier to track.
Can paintball kill you?
- Paintball is typically a very safe sport, but there are always some risks in using them; there have already been some cases where people have been killed while playing paintball.
- The reasons aren’t entirely direct, but there are some indirect reasons as well direct. So, it’s better to be careful when you’re playing paintball.
How much is a box of paintballs?
- Different grades have different price ranges; the typical 500 round boxes are about $10, which is more than enough for typical training. But if you’re looking for something larger, you can use the 2000 round box, which is about $30.
- However, if you’re looking for something for tournaments, then a box of 2000 rounds will cost around $80.
What color are paintballs?
- In the case of colors, you have the freedom to choose whichever color you want, so that is entirely up to your preference. Also, you can take the filling inside the paintballs into consideration.
- You can choose a specific filling color so that the colors are easily distinguishable from the other team.
Can I use paintballs in a slingshot?
- Most of the paintballs are designed with a perfect shell for magazines, but they can be used with slingshots. They will not get damaged with slingshots, but they will lose their form.
What caliber paintballs should I buy?
- The caliber you are supposed to use in paintballs completely depends on the type of gun you intend to use. If you’re using a .50 caliber gun, then you should use that caliber.
- Otherwise, the paintballs will not have sufficient damage or power; you need to be careful about it.
Are all paintballs biodegradable?
- All the paintballs are biodegradable; they will not have any adverse effects on the environment. These are water-soluble, so they are non-toxic, and they do not cause any damages to the environment at all.
Are paintballs oil or water-based?
- There are different kinds of paintballs; there are both oil and water-based. Each of them has different uses, but they are not all that different, it’s a better idea to use the one you prefer.
- Water-based ones are easier to clean, whereas oil-based ones are better for competitive situations.
What are paintballs made of?
- Paintballs are made of paint; they can be either water-based or oil-based, but both will perform the way they are supposed to. They might even have dye and other non-toxic substances inside.
How many paintballs do I need?
- It entirely depends on your usage; if you’re using these for training purposes, you can buy the 500-round box. But if you need some for games and stuff, you might want to go for the 2000-round one.
What makes a good paintball?
- A paintball with proper size and shape makes the paintball great, and the quality of their paint is also one of the critical factors to consider.
Final Words About The Best Paintballs 2022
All of these products are some of our best picks, and you will undoubtedly be satisfied with them. But if we are to recommend some of the best paintballs in 2022, we would first suggest the JT Gl Splatmaster.
These balls are formulated to give you the best performance and make sure you’re getting the most out of this product. In the case of their structure, they are round and consistent, making them perfect for competitions.
If you want another option, then we would suggest the Nelson paintballs; they are great for their thick filling and high-quality paint presence. These are the perfect training paintballs.
But they are not the best when it comes to competition and accuracy; they can even be slightly faulty. However, they are great to use and easy to get a hold of, so buy anything that is good for you.
As you can see, buying a paintball is relatively easy, but you need to purchase something that is compatible with your usage. Otherwise, you won’t get the performance you’re hoping for, and it will be a waste.
Also, it might be a great idea to buy something that is the perfect fit for the weapon you intend to use. You will surely not regret keeping these in mind.
Hi, This is Leo Roman. I am a paintball enthusiast and love to improve my paintball game skills in the right way. I created this blog out of my passion for helping paintball game lovers improve their paintball games. I am not alone here. We have a bunch of paintball enthusiasts here. Learn more